- Practitioner Advisor, FERN (Foresight Education Research Network), 2013
- Editorial Board, Journal of Futures Studies, 2013
- Member, Association of Professional Futurists, 2002-present
- Board Member, Association of Professional Futurists, January 2006-January 2011.
- Chair, Association of Professional Futurists, January 2008-December 2009.
- Vice-Chair, Association of Professional Futurists, January 2007-2008.
- Executive Director, Association of Professional Futurists, March 2004-June 2005.
- Founding Chair, Association of Professional Futurists, 2002-2003
- Member, World Futures Studies Federation, 2002-2008
- Associate Editor & Hinesight columnist, Foresight, 1998-2008
- Professional Forum Moderator, World Future Society General Assembly, Houston, July 2000.
- Planning Committee Member, World Future Society General Assembly 1998.
- Webmaster, UHCL Futureweb Alumni Web site, 1998-2001
- World Future Society Metropolitan Washington Area Chapter
- Tasks: start chapter, get speakers, start committees, maintain database, publicity, mailings, organize workshops
- President, 1995-1997
- Newsletter Editor, 1992-1997
- Board, 1993-1997
- Secretary, 1993-1995
- Steering Committee, 1992-1993
- Millennium Project (Sponsored by the United Nations University and The Futures Group)
- Review and summarize scenarios for collection of abstracts
- Editing for The Futurist
o “Anticipatory Management: Tools for Better Decision-making,” September-October 1997.
o The Future of Energy, September-October 1997.
o “Generation X: What They Think and What They Plan to Do” March/April 1997.
o “The Emerging Interactive Society” January/February 1997.
o “Smart Cards: Key to Cashless Society?” January/February 1997.